Updated May 2018
PRIVACY NOTICE - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are. Once you have read it please complete and sign the declaration at the bottom.
Therapist’s Name/Identity: Colette Shrubsole
Therapist’s Contact Details:
Telephone No: 07947213039
Email address: E17Aromatherapy@icloud.com
Address: Ulverston Road, E17 4BW
Data Controller Details: As above
Data Protection Officer: As above
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional massage treatments, E17 Aromatherapy will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. E17 Aromatherapy will only use this information for informing massage treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA) E17 Aromatherapy abides by the CThA’s Code of Practice. The lawful basis under whichE17 Aromatherapy holds and uses your information is to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice.
As E17 Aromatherapyholds s special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which E17 Aromatherapyholds and uses this information is to fulfil the role as a health care practitioner bound under the CThA Confidentiality as defined in the CThA Code of Practice.
What information E17 Aromatherapy holds and what is done with it
In order to give professional massage treatments, E17 Aromatherapy will need to ask for and keep information about your health. E17 Aromatherapy will only use this for informing massage treatments and any advice given as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
Your contact details
Medical history and other health-related information (whichE17 Aromatherapy will take from you at the first consultation)
Treatment details and related notes (which will be taken after each consultation)
E17 Aromatherapy will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within the practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
How Long Is Information Retained
E17 Aromatherapy will keep your information for 7 years after cessation of treatment for legal and insurance purposes.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
E17 Aromatherapy is committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure.
E17 Aromatherapy will contact you using the contact preferences given in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Massage information or information related to your health
- Special Offers
GDPR gives you the following rights:
The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
· The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
· The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
· The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
· The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
· The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
· The right to object:.
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
· Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
· If you don’t agree to E17Aromatherapy keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
· E17 Aromatherapy has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed.